In the Royal Gallery there are oil paintings depicting scenes of Queen Victoria receiving the sacrament at her coronation in the Westminster Abbey in June 1838; her marriage with Prince Albert (1840) in the Chapel Royal at St. James' Palace; the christening of the Prince of Wales in St. George's Chapel, Windsor Castle (1842); marriage of the Prince of Wales (Edward VII) with Princess Alexandra (1863) ; Queen Victoria at the first Jubilee service in Westminster Abbey in 1887 and the Second Jubilee service of Queen Victoria at St. Paul's Cathedral, June 1897. These are copies of paintings by well-known artists in the collection of the British royalty. The pianoforte on which Queen Victoria received tuition in her childhood and the writing desk and chair constantly used by her for her daily correspondence at the Windsor Castle occupy the centre of the room. King Edward VII presented these to the Victoria Memorial. Beside the painting showing the entry of Prince Wales into Jaipur is displayed here. It is the largest in oils in India (see details given with the pix). On the south wall hangs the Russian ' artist Verestchagin's masterpiece depicting in oils the state entry of King Edward VII, then Prince of Wales, into Jaipur in 1876. Also to be seen in this hall are portraits of Edward VII, as Prince of Wales, painted in 1863 by Jansen and those of Queen Victoria and Prince Albert when both were young, by Winterhalter

   
Her Majesty Queen Victoria
  Queen Victoria at an early age
   
  H.R. H. Prince Albert (1819 - 1861) husband of Queen Victoria, painted by Winterhalter.
 Her Majesty Queen Alexandra by unknown artist.
   
 The Prince of Wales at, Jaipur, 4th January,1876.
Click on the Pix to get details
 The marriage of H.R.H. Prince of Wales (Edward VII) with Princess Alexandra(1863), copy of a painting by W.P. Frith.
   
 The desk used by Queen Victoria at the Windsor Castle.
 The pianoforte of Queen Victoria used in her childhood.
   
 The last letter written to India by Queen Victoria,
dated December 14th,1900.
  The name plate of the pianoforte's maker.

 To go to other pages...